KORG opsix SE - Synthesizer
opsix SE - Altered FM Synthesizer - The Ultimate Union of Power and Performance
opsix SE - Altered FM Synthesizer
The Ultimate Union of Power and Performance
opsix SE is a digital synth like no other. With a premium all-metal design, 61-keys, and aftertouch, it unlocks a new world of sonic capabilities. Building on the expansive sound engine in the original opsix, opsix SE enhances it with increased polyphony and voicing, resulting in a synthesizer created for superior performance and precise control.
The opsix Operator Mixer simplified FM synthesis for the first time, making it not just comprehensible but also controllable. With the addition of extra synthesis capabilities and programming, it offered a more efficient workflow and an even richer sound.
The opsix SE takes this even further. It is equipped with Korg's premium 61-key natural-touch keyboard, complete with aftertouch, delivering the exceptional tactile experience expected from Korg's flagship workstations. With a sleek, robust metal body, it's built for both the intensity of live gigs and the precision of studio sessions. The metallic knobs are optimally weighted for effortless adjustments. Underneath its exterior, the opsix SE boasts an incredible capacity of 80 stereo voices of polyphony.
The opsix SE arrives preloaded with hundreds of sounds enhanced for aftertouch control. Moreover, it is fully compatible with the sounds and samples from both the original opsix and the opsix Native software, including numerous high-quality libraries.
- Build to play
- Premium metal design
- Exclusive hard case included
- Premium Japanese manufacturing
- Get Illuminated with the Operator Mixer
- Direct Hands-on Control
- Six in One Synthesis
- Altered FM architecture delivers sounds across a vast spectrum
- Powerful Effects Processing
- Automatable 16-step sequencer
- Monster Modulation Matrix
- Use the Randomize
- Dice to generate new, unique sounds
- Free Librarian Software
- Many ready-to-go sound packs are now available at KORG Shop
- Special crossgrade to opsix native (software)
Build to play.
opsix SE was born out of the desire to play this incredible synth with both hands. Equipped with KORG’s premium 61-note natural-touch keyboard, the opsix SE offers the same outstanding tactile response as KORG's top-tier workstations. Aftertouch puts unparalleled control of all the exceptional opsix sounds at your fingertips. Of course, we've modernized the factory Performances for aftertouch and introduced some fresh ones to the mix as well. In fact, most of the opsix SE programs have been revised to make full use of aftertouch, extended keyboard, and polyphony.
Premium metal design
The opsix SE showcases a notable upgrade in aesthetics. A slim body, specifically designed for this instrument, features a striking brown painted aluminum control panel, paying homage to vintage machines. Together with the vivid, illuminating LEDs, it brings a vibrant energy to any stage performance. The side panels, painted in a sleek black metal, amplify the overall aesthetics for a luxurious finish.
Get Illuminated with the Operator Mixer
At the heart of every sound is opsix SE’s Operator Mixer – a simple set of six faders and knobs that invite exploration. Each part lights up red to indicate carriers or blue for modulators. Manipulating them opens up new sound-shaping possibilities to breathe fresh life into your musical ideas. This straightforward, hands-on workflow is part of what makes opsix SE so unique, just like the sounds it offers.
Direct Hands-On Control
Whether you’re tweaking a preset or building a patch from the ground up, the six data entry knobs on the right give you quick access to the parameters you need and seamlessly sync with the large OLED display, giving you a clear, focused direction to your workflow. Coupled with the mixer, it makes creating fresh sounds super easy and, most importantly, fun!
Select from a full range of analog-style filters, from the radical Korg MS-20 low-pass/high-pass filter to the powerful yet smooth KORG Polysix low-pass filter that gives your sound a vintage feel. There are also two or four-pole low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, and band-reject filters with resonance.
There’s even a built-in spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope that gives you visual feedback via the screen on the music you’re making.
Six in One Synthesis
The core of opsix is nothing short of exponential. Since waveforms can be arranged and modulated in nearly infinite ways, opsix can easily do the sonic work that is similar to numerous types of synthesis:
Removing parts of the sound to get the sound you want; the most widely-used synthesis. opsix uses up to six envelopes and multi-modeled filters to achieve many cutting-edge and classical analog synthesis tones.
Rerouting signal paths to change the sound. A spin through the Alogorithm section will dramatically reshape the sound by changing how the signal routing between the operators work together, and no patch cables are needed.
Analog-style controls and plenty of stackable waveforms take you from digital to analog-sounding in no time. Enjoy deep basses, crisp leads, thick pad sounds, fuzzy brass tones, and so much more.
Adding intentional distortion to the waveforms to achieve aggressive overtones that are either harmonic or inharmonic. This will help you achieve gritty, bitey tones dripping with character.
Stacking waveforms and blending their harmonics is key to an expansive range of harmonious, dissonant, and tension-driven sounds. With six operators available, the complete FM experience is possible, including the ability to go back in time for classic sounds you have heard throughout recording history.
Last but certainly not least, opsix’s highly flexible and powerful architecture starts with true six-Operator FM. As a result, it easily delivers signature sounds you have surely heard on thousands of hits from the ‘80s on through today, and with far more polyphony than other standalone FM synths available today.
With all of these ways to realize and explore sounds, opsix SE is uniquely suited as a “future-modern-classic” synth!
- 61 keys (Natural touch keybord with velocity and release-velocity sensitive, aftertouch)
- Sound generating system - Altered FM sound generator
- Maximum Polyphony: 80 voices (The maximum number of voices is varied depending on the setting.)
- Structure: 6 operators, 1 filter, 3 EGs, 3 LFOs, 3 effects, step sequencer, arpeggiator
- Algorithm: 40 presets + user algorithm (unique to each program)
- Operator: 6 modes (FM, Ring Mod., Filter, Filter FM, Wave Folder, Effect)
- Oscillator waveform: 23 waveforms (Sine, Sine 12bit, Sine 8bit, Triangle, Saw, Saw HD, Square, Square HD, Additive Saw3, Additive Sqr3, Additive Tri3, Additive 12345, Additive 1+2, Additive 1+3, Additive 1+4, Additive 1+5, Additive 1+6, Additive 1+7, Additive 1+8, Noise S/H, Noise White, Noise Pink, Noise Blue)
- Filter: 11 types (LPF 12, LPF 24, LPF MS-20, LPF POLY6, HPF 12, HPF 24, HPF MS-20, BPF 6, BPF 12, BRF 6, BRF 12)
- EG: ADSR
- LFO: 23 waveforms (Triangle, Saw Down, Saw Up, Square, Sine, Sample&Hold, Guitar, Exp.Triangle, Exp.Saw Down, Exp.Saw Up, Step4 Triangle, Step6 Triangle, Step4 Saw Down, Step6 Saw Down, StepRnd:Time, Triangle+, Saw Down +, Saw Up +, Square +)
- V.Patch: 12 routings
- Effect: 30 types (Chorus, Unison Ensemble, Phaser, Phaser (BPM) , Auto Pan, Auto Pan (BPM), Flanger, Flanger (BPM) , Rotary Speaker, Auto Wah, Exciter, Enhancer, LFO Filter, 3-Band EQ, Distortion, Guitar Amp, Decimator, Grain Shifter, Master Limiter, Compressor, Delay, Delay (BPM) , Autopan Dly, Autopan Dly (BPM), Tape Echo, Tape Echo (BPM) , Early Reflection, Reverb, Shimmer Reverb, Spring Reverb) x 3
- Sequencer: Step Sequencer (up to 16 steps, up to 6 notes per step). Motion Sequencer (up to 6 lanes)
- Arpeggiator: 7 patterns (MANUAL, UP, DOWN, ALT1, ALT2, RANDOM, TRIGGER) fault)
- Number of programs: 500 (350 preset programs and 150 user programs as the factory-set)
- FAVORITE: 64 (16 Slots x 4 Banks)
- Controllers: MODULATION wheel, PITCH wheel, RATIO OP 1–6 knobs, LEVEL OP 1–6 sliders, DATA ENTRY A–F knobs
- Headphone output (6.3 mm stereo phone jack)
- OUTPUT L/MONO and R (impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks)
- DAMPER (6.3 mm phone jack, half-damper not supported)
- MIDI IN and OUT connectors
- USB B port
- Power supply: AC adapter (DC12V) included
- Power consumption: 5 W
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 1014 x 344 x 108 mm
- Weight: 8,6kg
- Hard case included
- Accessories (sold separately): DS-1H damper pedal, PS-1 pedal switch.