The T-Komp has a unique design which offers a modern take on the old vari-mu ratio curve. The ratio is level dependent and increases with the signal level, a feature that will give you numerous possibilities.
To make the T-Komp more useful it has two ratio ranges. The first one goes up to 20:1, perfect for instrument tracking and smashing drums etc., the second, 2:1, is a more narrow range which makes it more suitable for bus compression.
The T-Komp can be selected between feed-forward mode for a punchy, modern response or feed-back mode with a smoother, more musical response.
The RMS detector has five settings, four from fast to slow where number four, the slowest, is similar to the old 160VU. The fifth position is a program dependent adaptive mode.
- Ratio which increases with the signal level.
- Two ratio ranges, 1:1 to 20:1 or 1:1 to 2:1.
- Feed-forward or feed-back mode.
- Five RMS settings, fast to slow and an adaptive mode.
- Blend control for parallel compression.