Heritage Audio Herchild Model 670
Tube-based Vari-Mu Stereo Compressor
Having shaped and influenced 1,000s and 1,000s of hit records over the last 6 decades it´s easy to say that the original could be declared one of the most important pieces of recording equipment of all times. Unfortunately, only around 500 or so units were produced and after so many years of use and abuse not many are available nowadays or in useable condition. That makes this an extremely rare and expensive item that is hunted down all around the world. You´d have to consider yourself lucky to find one.
Now, all that changes as we are proud to introduce the HERCHILD Model 670. A faithful reproduction to the original as it is stuffed full of 22 valves and 9 transformers, operates at a very high voltage and uses only the best components to deliver the utmost quality possible. This is immediately recognised during use as there are no audible thumps produced in addition to extremely low distortion and noise making it perfect for Mixing and Mastering duties.
- Input Impedance: 2K Ohm.
- Output Impedance: 600 Ohm.
- Output Level: +30dBu clipping point.
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 15kHz +/- 1db.
- Self Noise: Less than -82dBu.
- Harmonic Distortion: Less than 1% at any level up to +18dBu output (no limiting).
- Dimensions (W x H x L): 482mm x 265mm (6 Rack units) x 200mm.
- Weight: 13.3 Kg.