Since the BC501 was released in 2015 it has found its way into a great numbers of 500 racks all around the globe and now the new updated BC501 is here!
The smooth, soft compression together with the blend control, high-pass filter and the THD function are much appreciated features that now have been expanded with the grab function, known from the BC1-THD.
The grab function turns the threshold knee harder and makes the compressor even more perfect for the drum-bus.
The BC501 will be released in two versions right from the start; the BC501-GR with the standard stock black panel and the BC501-Ltd with silver panel, individually numbered and limited edition of 100.
The look of the panel is the difference between them; all functions and price are the same. The BC501 is one of the most transparent stereo bus compressors ever made.
It’s manufactured and assembled in Sweden and thoroughly tested before leaving the factory.
- Selectable grab function which offers a harder threshold knee.
- Three HPF frequencies; 80Hz, 150Hz and 220Hz.
- Selectable THD function for more “even” harmonics.
- Smooth blend control for parallel compression.
- Power requirement: +120mA / -100mA (total)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/-0dB THD+N @ 1kHz: less than 0.005%
- Signal to noise ratio: 95dB
- Cross talk: -90dB
- Input impedance: 24kohm
- Output impedance: 50ohm
- Max input level: +26dBu
- Max output level: +27dBu
- Threshold: -20dB to +20dB in 41 steps
- Make-up: 0 to +20dB in 41 steps
- Ratio: 1:25, 1.5:1, 2:1, 4:1, 6:1, 10:1
- Attack: 0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1, 3, 6, 10, 30, 60, 120mS
- Release: 50, 100, 300, 600mS, 1.2S and Auto (50mS/2S)
- HP Filter: 80Hz, 150Hz and 220Hz (-6dB/octave)
- Grab: selects a harder threshold knee
- External sidechain input via a stereo 3.5mm TRS (unbalanced stereo)
- THD circuit that adds even harmonics
- Blend control from dry to compressed in 41 steps