The Chandler Limited TG Microphone is an extremely flexible microphone that rivals the original FET47, C414 and U47 microphones. The onboard Tape Equalizer uses an adaptation of Abbey Road’s NAB/IEC tape equalizer found on the legendary 12410 mastering console and is used to shape the sound at source. Used in combination with the special Low Cut circuit, offers a set of 5 tonal variations. The Low Cut switch offers a choice between 50Hz and 90Hz.
A Dual Tone System changes the input stage from the microphone modifying its voicing for further versatility. System A gives you the regular TG sound with a mid-forward sound while System B offers a more pristine sound capable of handling higher SPL.
The TG Microphone uses an array of TG amplifier circuits throughout but unlike the REDD Microphone doesn’t include an internal preamp. As a result, an external mic preamp is required.
Two polar patterns are provided with a choice of omnidirectional and cardioid as well as a -10dB switchable via the external power supply. Other included accessories include a shock mount, 25’ Mogami 4-pin mic cable and wooden case.
- TG transistor circuit
- Directivity: Cardioid and ball
- Built-in 4-step EMI "Tape Equalizer" section for sound shaping
- "Dual Tone System" - Circuit A for classically centered TG transistor sound
- Circuit B for high-level sound sources
- Switchable high-pass filter with 50 Hz or 90 Hz
- Switchable -10 dB pad
- Includes external power supply, elastic suspension, Mogami microphone cable (7.5 m) and wooden box