Retro Instruments Doublewide I
The Retro instruments DOUBLEWIDE I is a mono tube compressor unit designed from the ground up for the 500 series format.
It’s authentic tube compression in a go-anywhere package! So now, whether you’re in the studio, on location, or on the road, you can enjoy classic Retro compression without compromise.
The Retro instruments DOUBLEWIDE takes its cue from the legendary Sta-Level compressor but is ultimately its own design. Under the hood there are four NOS 6BJ6 variable-mu tubes doing the actual compression work configured in a fully complementary push-pull design, delivering the sonic characteristics typical of a full-sized Retro compressor.
- Single channel tube compression in a two-slot 500 series module
- Continuously variable input and output levels with fixed threshold
- Continuously variable attack and recovery time
- Single and Double time-constants
- Fully complementary push-pull signal path
- Cinemag transformer balanced, fully-floating Input and Output
- Hard wire bypass switch with gold-plated contacts
- Gold-plated edge card connections
- Stainless steel chassis construction
- Side-accessible meter zero trim
- Uses new-old-stock U.S. Tubes
- Authentic U.S.-made Simpson gain reduction meter
- Hand built and tested in the U.S.