Toontrack SDX Decades
A massive collection of drums recorded by one of the most prolific audio craftsmen of our time: Al Schmitt.
The Decades SDX was recorded at Capitol Studios and comes with five drum kits, all handpicked to represent a specific sound or era in Al’s career. Expect a palette of immaculate drum sounds encapsulating not only a lifetime of experience working at the apex of the industry, but just as much a personal and reflective collection of kits that in a way represents his entire body of work. From jazz and big band to rock, fusion, pop, funk and AOR – the Decades SDX covers all the styles that can be traced back to Al’s illustrious lifetime achievement.
- Produced by 23-time Grammy Award-winning engineer/mixer Al Schmitt
- Recorded at Capitol Studios in Los Angeles, CA
- Five (5) kits
- 12 snares, nine (9) kicks as well as a broad collection of hi-hats and cymbals
- Includes several iconic original instruments, like the original snare drum used by Jeff Porcaro on Toto’s “Rosanna” as well as Steve Ferrone’s personal drum kit
- Brushes and/or mallets available on select kits/instruments
- Drums from the 1920s through the late 1990s
- Recorded with an additional seven room microphones for playback in stereo up to 9.1 systems