Toontrack SDX Area 33
Fredrik Thordendal and Daniel Bergstrand bring you an absolute monster of an SDX for Superior Drummer 3.
The Area 33 SDX brings together parts of the original Drumkit From Hell team: Meshuggah guitarist Fredrik Thordendal and producer/engineer/mixer Daniel Bergstrand (Behemoth, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir). In this joint venture of sourcing, engineering and ultimately externalizing their very figment of what the most all-encompassing metal-related SDX for Superior Drummer 3 could be, they ended up with an absolute monster weighing in at a staggering 180+ GB. It was recorded at Fredrik Thordendal’s personal studio 33 in Stockholm, Sweden. This studio, which Thordendal and Bergstrand built from the ground up, was designed with the goal of creating the epitome of a drum room: spacious and reverberant but at the same time profoundly precise, direct and controlled.
- Engineered and produced by Fredrik Thordendal and Daniel Bergstrand
- Recorded at 33, Fredrik Thordendal’s personal studio in Stockholm, Sweden
- Featuring seven (7) unique drum kits
- A total of 13 snares, 14 bass drums (x2), 42 toms, three hi-hats and upwards of 40 cymbals
- Recorded using 11 ambience microphone positions (of which seven are in stereo)
- More than of 180 GB of sampled drums and cymbals
- Sampled by drummer Leo Margarit (Pain of Salvation)
- Includes presets for each kit engineered by Bergstrand as well as the Toontrack sound design team