Gretsch celebrates the legacy of George Harrison with the G6128T-GH George Harrison SIGNATURE Duo Jet® guitar, modeled on the instrument that the legendary guitarist often referred to as his “first real decent guitar.”
Features include distinctive appointments and modifications found on Harrison’s original 1957 Gretsch Duo Jet, which he purchased secondhand in the very early 1960s. These include a lightweight mid-’50s-style chambered body, all-BLACK color scheme (arched maple top, mahogany back and sides, and back of the one-piece mahogany neck), Bigsby® B3C tailpiece with a black Phillips head tremolo arm pivot bolt, and an offset strap button on lower bout. Other features include three-ply body binding (white-black-white), single-ply white neck and headstock binding, 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius and hump-block pearloid inlays, two single-coil DynaSonic™ pickups, vintage-style “rocking bar” bridge with rosewood base, silver plexi pickguard, chrome-plated Grover® V98CM Sta-Tite™ tuners, Gretsch “G” arrow control knobs, chrome-plated hardware, Harrison’s signature on the truss rod cover and a premium tweed case.
- Body Material: Mahogany Back with 3-Ply Maple Top
- Body Back: Semi-Hollow Chambered Mahogany
- Body Sides: Semi-Hollow Chambered Mahogany
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Pickups: DynaSonic™ Single-Coil
- Unique Features: Mid-'50s body chamber style, all BLACK color scheme (body top, back and sides & back of neck), B3C Bigby tailpiece with black "phillips-head" trem arm pivot bolt, off-set mounted strap carrage bolt on butt of body.