The KM 185 MT is powered via +48V phantom power. Its 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 185 provides attenuation at the off-axis sections of the mic, and is suitable for X,Y and ORTF stereo miking, announcer's mic for broadcast, spot capturing of drum overheads, strings, wind instruments, percussion, piano, and amp cabinets. The KM 185 handles sound pressure levels up to 142 dB allowing close miking of instruments high in transient (peak) level response.
Hypercardioid Polar Pattern
The hypercardioid polar pattern offers greater attenuation at the off-axis sections of the microphone, resulting in a tighter pattern with even less noise caused by ambiance.
KM 100 Based Output Stage
The KM 185 features the same output stage electronics as the KM 100. Transformerless circuitry and quiet balanced output design ensure a clean, high-gain output signal without any coloration. The KM 185 is powered via +48V phantom power, and its 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 185 can handle sound pressure levels up to 142 dB, allowing fairly close miking of instruments.
- Compact Rugged Construction
- The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road worthy.
- Operating Principle Pressure Gradient
- Transducer Condenser
- Polar Pattern Hypercardioid
- Frequency Range 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio 70 dB CCIR
- 79 dB A-Weighted
- Equivalent Noise Level 24 dB CCIR
- 15 dB A-Weighted
- Maximum SPL 142 dB SPL 0.5%
- Impedance 50 ohms
- Load Impedance 1 kOhms
- Sensitivity 10 mV/PA @ 1 kHz into 1 kOhms
- Power Requirements 48 V+/- 4 V
- Output Connectors 3-Pin XLR
- Operating Current Consumption 3.2mA
- Length 4.21" (107 mm)
- Diameter 0.87" (22 mm)
- Weight 2.82 oz (80 g)