Golden Age Premier R1A
Active High Quality Ribbon Microphone
The R1A is a unique microphone since it is a high quality and low cost vintage style ribbon microphone with active electronics using high end components.
- The unmatched natural and musical sound of a classical ribbon microphone combined with a discrete amplifier (no integrated coircuits used), powered by standard 48V phantom power, that isolates the ribbon and the gain make-up transformer from the outside world. A stunning realism with the feeling of "being-there" and a fast and life-like transient reproduction.
- The typical large and mellow ribbon sound quality with a very smooth top end and an extended low end.
- An ultra-high SPL capability, 160 dB SPL (1% THD @ 1000Hz) and a very high sensitivity for a ribbon microphone, similar to many condenser microphones.
- Figure-8 directional pattern for wide sweet spots both in the front and in the back of the microphone.
- 50mm long ribbon made of 2 microns thick aluminium foil and an internal shock mount for the ribbon and magnet assembly.
- Selectable high pass filter and -10dB Pad.
- Removable microphone cable built with Mogami Neglex Studio Quad cable and Neutrik XLR goldplated connectors.
- Swedish made Lundahl 1927A transformer.
- High end Wima film and Nichicon electrolytic audio capacitors used in the amplifier.
- Manufactured of the finest materials for a great performance and long-term reliability.
- The R1A can be used with any standard mixer or preamp with a balanced input that can supply 48V phantom power.
- Great sound that suits most sound sources and genres.
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use.
- Type: Large ribbon geometry, pure aluminium, 2 um thick, 50 x 5 mm size with active electronics.
- Polar pattern: Figure 8
- Frequency response: 30 Hz – 18 kHz +/3 dB
- Sensitivity: -40 dB (0 dB = 1V/Pa) @ 1 kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted per IEC 268-4): < 18 dB typical
- Maximum SPL (<1% THD @ 1 kHz): 160 dB. (with Pad engaged)
- Output impedance: 200 ohm, balanced
- Recommended load impedance: > 1000 Ohms
- Current consumption: 4 mA.
- Highpass filter: -3dB @160Hz, 6 dB/octave
- Pad: -10dB
- Dimensions: 69x185 mm.
- Weight: 820 g