Golden Age Project COMP-3A Jr
The COMP-3A Jr is a one channel vintage style Compressor / Leveler.
- Vintage style electronics. No integrated circuits in the main audio signal path.
- Transformer balanced input and output. Can drive almost any load, balanced or unbalanced. The maximum output level is 25 dBu.
- Uses an integrated optocoupler to control gain. The fastest attack time is about 1 ms.
- Very simple to operate with only two main controls, Gain Makeup and Gain Reduction.
- Three-position TIME switch to select different combinations of Attack- and Release time.
- Selectable jumpers inside the unit to increase the timing on TIME-switch position B and C.
- LED-meter selectable to show output level or gain reduction.
- Hardwire bypass switch for easy comparisons.
- XLR and TRS input and output jacks for flexible connections.
- Link jack for connecting to another unit for stereo operation.
- All external controls located on the front panel.
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers.
- Compact 1RU quarter rack format. Up to four units can be mounted in our 19-inch rack kit, the UNITE MKII.
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use.