Dynaudio 18S Black True Bass
True bass. Adding 18S to your monitors will open up a new world of performance that lets you mix and master with painstaking accuracy and deliver tracks that translate beautifully to any playback system.
The subwoofer that matches seamlessly with your Dynaudio speakers. S18 uses advanced intelligent DSP technology that tailors its performance to studio monitors from BM, LYD and upwards in our range. Our engineers painstakingly modelled the acoustic characteristics of our most popular Pro monitors and created custom performance maps for each one for the subwoofer – so now, two-way set-ups can instantly become three-way systems. S18's punch is delivered by two of our brand- new MSP+ Hybrid Drive units, which combine our own Magnesium Silicate Polymer material with optimised aluminium and paper construction for two kinds of resonance damping. It's all powered by a high-quality 500W amp.
Powerful amplifier module
S18 uses an advanced 500 watt amplifier module, delivering high output power combined with very low distortion and noise. This helps S18 deliver not only a high output, but also be able to keep up with the pace and rhythm of the main speakers.
S18 includes a highly advanced DSP unit, controlled by a rotary commander and corresponding LCD screen on the back of the subwoofer. This allows several ways of adjusting the subwoofer to match the main speakers. These include:
- Speaker Presets. S18 comes with a subset of crossover filters that are tuned specifically to match certain Dynaudio Pro Monitors including LYD 5,7,8 and 48, as well as BM6A BM15A and M5P speakers. Instead of an arbitrary crossover set by the user, this allows the S18 to become part of a full-range monitor system, meticulously tuned by our experienced acoustic engineers.The user simply needs to select the speaker model in the subwoofer menu. Higher-end Dynaudio Pro monitors will be added in future firmware updates.
- For other models, including non-Dynaudio speakers, crossover frequency, gain and phase can be set in the setup menu.
- Time-alignment. By passing a stereo signal through the subwoofer, it is possible to set a distance to each speaker as well as the subwoofer itself, and the subwoofer will then calculate a delay accordingly in order to perfectly time-align the full system at the listening position.
- Parametric EQ. For advanced users or installers, the S18 includes three bands of parametric EQ, to allow the user or installer to defeat specific room modes.
MSP+ Hybrid Drive woofers
S18 utilizes a new breed of long-throw woofers specifically designed for subwoofer duties: MSP+ Hybrid Drive. This driver combines the virtues of MSP with the stiffness from an aluminum cone. At the core of the MSP+ Hybrid Drive woofer is an aluminum cone, delivering the stiffness required for high output at very low frequencies. This cone uses a paper-damped aluminium cone, to eliminate some of the high-frequency ringing normally associated with metal cones. This cone is then further dampened using a finely tuned MSP dampening cap, essentially eliminating unwanted resonances in the cone.
S18 uses two of these very powerful 24 cm long-throw drivers on each side of the cabinet, in a push-push opposing woofer design, which eliminates cabinet resonance and provides extremely low distortion levels.
S18 features a highly rigid cabinet, with the two drivers mounted in a dual-opposing configuration, which eliminates vibrations of the cabinet, and reduces colorations and distortion. The shape of the cabinet allows the S18 to be placed unobtrusively against the wall, taking up very little space in the room.
- 500 watt amplifier module
- Dual 24 cm MSP+ Hybrid Drive long-throw woofers
- Advanced DSP
- Preset Speaker Crossover Filters
- Time Alignment
- Parametric EQ
- Dual Opposing driver design
- 20-230 Hz frequency range
- Black finish
- Master/Slave feature for multiple subwoofers