Building on the tradition of warm and punchy analogue-style synth sounds, conceived by legendary synthesisers from the past, COBALT8 unlocks the full creative potential of analogue waveforms. This powerful, inspiring instrument reinvents the aesthetics of analogue sounds and invites musicians, producers and sound designers to explore a new era of virtual-analogue synthesiser textures, far beyond the limits of its analogue forefathers.
On top of the innovative oscillator engine of COBALT8, we added a new morphable 4-Pole Ladder Filter. Combined with Modal’s unparalleled modulation options, an inspiring real-time / step sequencer, the energising arpeggiator, the Premium FATAR 37-note keyboard, MPE, studio-quality effects and MODALapp integration, COBALT8 is the perfect synth for everyone who wants a versatile electronic music instrument to play vintage synth sounds and is eager to enter new sound dimensions.
Eight true polyphonic voices tempt players to lay out wide string or rich synth pad chords, while a monophonic bass or lead patch, played with 64 oscillators can shake the walls of every stadium. And with the avant-garde sound forming features, every synth enthusiast can refine his performance with sounds that no other synthesiser is able to generate.
- Polyphony:True 8 voice polyphonic
- MPE: Supports MPE-compatible MIDI controllers, allowing you to apply polyphonic control and expression to individual notes
- Oscillators: 64 high-resolution virtual-analogue oscillators, up to 8 per voice. Two independent and self-contained oscillator groups with sine, pulse, triangle, sawtooth waveforms, 34 different algorithms including: complex analogue synthesis techniques, built-in crossmodulation (SYNC, RM, and many more), PWM, smooth morphing between VA waves, bit crushing, filtered noise. Extended Oscillator Drift
- Filter: 4-Pole Morphable Ladder Filter with Resonance and four switchable configurations. Resonance and Balanced Filter Modes
- Modulation: Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions for MOD and FILTER ENVs. Three audio-rate LFO’s with tempo sync (two poly, one global) with seven different shapes. Eight assignable modulation slots and four additional fixed modulation routings for common assignments with 12 modulation sources and 55 modulation destinations
- Sequencer and Arpeggiator: Polyphonic Real-time sequencer with 512 notes and four recordable/editable parameter animations (Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally). Polyphonic Step Sequencer with 64 steps, 8 notes per step, 4 lanes of Parameter-Lock style animation, Step Input mode, multiple playback modes including gate modes and rest function. Built-In sophisticated programmable arpeggiator of 32 steps with rest capability with up to 2048 steps before repeating
- FX: Three incredibly powerful independent and user-configurable stereo FX engines for Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb that can be arranged in any order
- User Memory: 500 patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs. 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements- 100 FX presets. 8 Quick Recall slots accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite patches