Each channel features three custom-made Carnhill transformers which deliver an authentic, punchy low-end and that highly sought after classic mid tone.
All controls are stepped - a "must have" for recall in mix and mastering environments.
A blend control allows parallel compression - always a desirable feature on any compressor. The VDC provides two types of HF boosts. The HF switch boosts the high frequencies with 2dB, affecting both the output signal and the signal that feeds the side-chain.
The AIR switch boosts the high frequencies on the compressed signal by 2 dB.
As with many stereo devices, the VDC has one set of controls for both channels.
The VDC uses two threshold detectors which are summed before the timing circuits to ensure maximum performance. Both channels hit the detectors even if they are 180 degrees out of phase.
Designed and built in Sweden, the Vintagedesign VDC stereo bus compressor is a classic in the making. Vintage sound and controls, old school look and a solid professional ergonomic feel are guaranteed to satisfy even the most discerning audio engineering professionals and enthusiasts.
- Threshold: From -20dB to +15dB in 41 steps.
- Ratio: 1.5:1 / 2:1 / 3:1 / 4:1 / 6:1 / 8:1.
- Attack: 0,5mS / 1mS / 2mS / 3mS / 6mS / 12mS / 25ms / 50mS.
- Recovery time: 25mS / 50mS / 100mS / 400mS / 800mS / 1.5S / Auto1 Auto2
- A1 = 100mS / 2 Sec, A2 = 50mS / 5 Sec.
- High-pass filter: Off / 75Hz / 100Hz / 125Hz / 150Hz / 250Hz, all with 6dB/ octave slope.
- Make-up gain: 0-20dB in 41 steps.
- HF switch: Boosts the high frequencies around 1dB at 20kHz, this also affects the threshold detector.
- AIR switch: Boosts the high frequencies around 3dB at 20kHz and does not affect the threshold detector.
- IN switch: True by-pass switch.
- Blend control: From dry to compressed signal i 21 steps.