UK Sound 1173 MicPre/Comp
The UK Sound 1173 is the result of a design collaboration between Los Angeles-based producer Warren Huart and gear designer Michael Stucker, produced and manufactured by UK Sound. The UK Sound 1173 brings the best of both worlds into a single unit, offering a Neve style 1073 preamp and Universal Audio 1176 FET compressor.
- Discrete Class A circuitry with transformer-balanced input and output
- 70dB of gain — handles a wide range of microphones including low-output ribbon mics
- Front-panel hi-Z DI input for guitar, bass, synth, and other sources
- Rear-panel line-level input for added versatility
- Microphone input impedance switchable between 150Ω and 300Ω
- Polarity reverse switch; +48-volt phantom power
- Compression ratios: 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1, and "all-buttons-in"
- Fixed threshold; adjustable attack and release controls
- 100Hz sidechain highpass filter
- Frequency response: 31.5Hz–20kHz (±2dB)
- Output impedance: 300Ω