1248 Feature Summary
- Superb audio quality
- For example, the balanced TRS analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range and -110 dB THD+N (0.0003%) at -1 dBFS, Unweighted, 1 kHz.
66 simultaneous audio channels
- 4 mic inputs
- 2 guitar inputs
- 8 x 12 balanced analog with dedicated main and monitor outs
- 2 x 8-channel ADAT optical
- RCA S/PDIF (with SRC)
- two independent phone outs for 32 inputs and 34 outputs.
- Connects to your computer with Thunderbolt or high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0).
- Class-compliant firmware and Industry standard drivers work with any audio software.
On-board DSP with mixing and effects
- Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
32-bit floating point processing
- The 1248's mixing and effects DSP engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
Modeled vintage effects processing
- Classic reverb.
- Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor.
- EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
System expansion and audio networking
- Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable.
- Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (hundreds of meters). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.