PRS Fiore, Black Iris
Play in Full Bloom just as Mark Lettieri
"All guitarists have a sound in their head – a sound that evolves and grows as they progress, discovering all of the beautiful idiosyncrasies that define their individual voice. To facilitate this process, players need a vibrant, dynamic guitar that becomes a free space in which their personality can unfold. PRS and I designed Fiore (Italian for ‘flower’) to be this guitar.” – Mark Lettieri
The PRS Fiore model continues PRS Guitars’ journey into the bolt-on, single-coil guitar world. Developed with guitarist, composer, producer, and instructor Mark Lettieri, the PRS Fiore offers a modern aesthetic, effortless playability, and an addictive and sophisticated tonal canvas.
The newly-designed PRS Fiore pickups were carefully voiced by Lettieri and PRS to allow players a platform to explore and find their voice. The Fiore-S single coil offers exceptional malleability in tone. Capable of capturing all the articulation found in everything from whisper-quiet melodies to full on funk and rock explosivity, this pickup reacts to each players unique approach.
The Fiore-H humbucker fulfills Lettieri’s desire for extensive versatility in the bridge position: enough power and punch for high-gain lead tones, but with a smooth top end that allows the pickup to be played clean, even with the volume knob wide open. Both the Fiore-S and -H work seamlessly together, producing balance, clarity, and that elusive ‘bloom’ in all five positions.
But the tone exploration doesn’t stop there. The Fiore model features a 5-way blade switch with traditional wiring (bridge/bridge + middle/middle/middle + neck/neck). The Fiore also features a single volume and two push/pull tone controls, which further adds to this guitar’s tone-shaping abilities.
Lettieri brought several personal design choices to this model, including a custom truss rod cover drawn by his very own mom. Other appointments include a Swamp Ash body, 22 fret maple neck with maple fretboard, and 25.5” scale length for classic look and feel.
- Swamp Ash Body
- Maple Neck & Fretboard
- 22" Frets, Scale Length 25.5"
- Fiore Neck Shape
- Birds Fretboard Inlays
- 2-Point Steel Tremolo Bridge
- Tuners Vintage-Style
- Fiore-H Treble Pickup
- Fiore-S Middle & Bass Pickup
- One Volume and Two Push/Pull Tone Controls**
- 5-Way Blade Pickup Switch
- PRS Premium Gig-Bag Included
- Position One: Treble Position
- Position Two: Treble & Middle
- Position Three: Middle Position
- Four: Middle & Bass Position
- Five: Bass
- Down: Standard 5-way setting
- Up: Activates outside pickups in position 1, 2, 4, 5
- (In positions 1 & 5, the treble & bass pickup are both on In positions 2 & 4, all three pickups are on)
- Down: Treble pickup in series (standard humbucker, slightly more volume, mids, & bass)
- Up: Treble pickup in parallel (scooped mids, slightly more treble)