Adventurous guitarists started hot-rodding their Telecasters in the late '60s and early '70s with big-sounding humbucking neck pickups that lent new style and swagger to rock music. The Classic Series '72 Telecaster Custom brings it all back as an authentic evocation of its early-'70s ancestor, including the distinctive Fender Wide Range humbucking neck pickup, a large pickguard, cool skirted amp control knobs and more. A favorite of players from '70s rock to modern U.K. alt-rock and much more.
- Maple neck with “C” profile, “bullet” truss rod, three-bolt neck plate and Micro-Tilt™
- 7.25”-radius maple or pau ferro fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets
- Fender Wide Range humbucking neck pickup
- Single-coil Telecaster bridge pickup
- Three-way toggle pickup switch on upper shoulder
- Four skirted amp control knobs (volume and tone for each pickup)
- Vintage-style string-through-body Telecaster bridge with three chrome “barrel” saddles