A period of change, both for Fender and for pop culture as a whole, the 1960s saw the Strat mellow slightly as it grew up. The white pickguard was updated to mint green, and the fingerboard was switched from the original maple to rosewood, adding a smoother note to the Strat’s clear, articulate voice. The American Original ‘60s Stratocaster keeps these refinements intact while adding modern feel and pickup switching to the iconic instrument that helped birth guitar rock as we know it.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- Three Pure Vintage '65 single-coil Stratocaster pickups
- Thick "'60s C"-shaped neck profile; 9.5"-radius fingerboard
- Vintage-style hardware; six-point synchronized tremolo bridge
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case