Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang® Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and features a hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back.
Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and pearloid dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom-designed EVH® Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines.
A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger.
The volume knob with treble bleed circuit has a 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot for smooth swells and a tone control knob with a 250K Bourns high friction tone pot that prevents accidental tone shifting.
Spotlight-ready, the Wolfgang Special is available in Burgundy Mist Metallic, Deep Purple Metallic, Ice Blue Metallic, Ivory, Miami Blue (New, Coming February 2021), Satin Primer Gray and Stealth Black finishes with a matching headstock.
The Burgundy Mist Metallic, Miami Blue and Satin Primer Gray models feature black body binding and black hardware, while the Deep Purple Metallic, Ice Blue Metallic and Ivory models feature cream body binding and chrome hardware.
- Body: Basswood
- Body Binding: 1-Ply Cream
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Wolfgang®
- Bridge: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Color: Deep Purple Metallic
- Configuration: HH
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
- Country Of Origin: MX
- Dimensions: 4.60x15.30x42.00 IN
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Headstock: EVH® Wolfgang®
- Included Accessories: Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
- Model Name: Wolfgang® Special, Ebony Fingerboard, Deep Purple Metallic
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Neck Shape: Wolfgang® Backshape
- Neck Thickness: .805" at 3rd & .890" at 12th Fret
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Refinement Neck Material: Maple
- Refinement Pickups: Humbucker / Humbucker
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Series: Wolfgang® Special
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Truss Rod Wrench: 2.5 mm Hex
- Truss Rods: EVH®-Branded with Wheel
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Weight: 10.70 LB